1) Stones - Plain or painted they still remain a popular resource. This is the second year of being the most popular post!
2) Big Outdoor Musical Instruments - Bespoke and bought examples from different schools and settings in Scotland along with some practical tips to help you think before you buy.
Outdoor Play at Cowgate Under 5's Centre - An inspirational pre-school centre in the heart of Edinburgh. This is the second year it's been the 3rd most popular post.
4) Echt School Outdoor Instruments - A rural Aberdeenshire School has created some beautiful big tuned percussion instruments.
5) Recycling books for use outdoors - All your favourite books can be given a new lease of life and survive the weather too.
6) Outdoor Sandpits - ROAR! This post digs deep into the issues around sand play.
7) Leaf Loving Literacy Activities - Lots of ideas for using leaves for creating group poetry and other talking activities.
8) Creating a Writing-Friendly Outdoor Environment - It can make a difference and it's a lot more than a bunch of tables...
9) The Fibonacci Sequence and Nature - One of the best mathematical discoveries of all time...
10) Willow Structures in School Grounds - If your climate allows you to grow willow then this versatile plant is a massive "must" for any playspace.
So what will 2012 bring? As yet, who knows! Watch this space.